Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Martina Hingis moves to round 2 at U.S. Open

But what a tough match against Chinese Shuai Peng. Martina lost the first set, but really pulled her game up in the second and became a lot more aggressive. She made some amazing shots from what I have read.

I was not able to see the match unfortunately due to USA Network and TSN showing other players matches in between Martina's, it was so frustrating!. I had to rely on the official US Open site live scoring system lol. And of course they had to show the entire Serena Williams match while Hingis was playing as well.

Like I give a hoot how well Serena does in this tournament. I only saw Hingis play a total of 4 games in the first 2 sets. The Chinese player really made her run around in the first set, but in the end Martina prevailed in 3 sets 4-6 6-1 6-3.

So glad she's through, I was a little worried at one point, but it's good for Martina to have a tough first round match. I think it'll help her against the tougher players later in the week. Now I just hope I get to see this match at some point on some other channel. If not I'll just hope that no Americans play tomorrow, so I can see Martina play in her 2nd round match (no offense to all my American readers, but I really wanna see Martina play). Hopefully it'll be a little easier then this one, so she can finish early and get some well deserved rest on Friday.

I'll have some article match summaries as well as some photos later in the day;). Martina is wearing my favourite outfit, the orange coloured shirt with a white skirt this time. I will say it again the woman knows fashion.

No comments: