Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Hingis #9 ranking confirmed

Found an article which confirms Martina has moved to the number 9 spot, not that I really needed a confirmation. What I found interesting is that the WTA ranking only went into effect yesterday when they said it was going to be Monday.

That's a little weird, I think the commentators for Rogers Cup got their info screwed up. This tournament didn't turn out to be a total loss for Martina she moved to the #9 spot despite loosing the final.

And according to the article she's not far from #8. I think by the end of the U.S. Open Hingis might knock fellow Swiss Patty Schnyder out of her number 8 spot.

Again I just gotta say, it's really amazing how far Martina has come in just eight months, very impressive.

The article also has the points of all the other top 10 players calculated as of yesterday, you can check it out here:

http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/181_1774972,00070002.htm

No comments: