Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Andre Agassi moves through to 2nd round of U.S. Open!

Wow! is all I can say about this match. For a 36 year old guy Andre's still got it. Amazing. He played an amazing marathon 3.30 hour four setter.

Three of which went into a tiebreak. Then in the 3rd set Andre was down 4/0 and he came back and won the third set in a tiebreak. From then on he just stepped it up and was dominant through out the rest of the set winning the match 6/7 7/6 7/6 6/2.

I also have to say his opponent Andre Pavel give it all he had, this match was worthy of a final and it was only the first round!. I don't think we'll see anything better in the first round on the men's side then this match.

It was great seeing Andre's whole family in the players box. Including wife Steffi Graff who was on pins and needles the whole entire time lol and his cute kids. Jayden and Jazz are just adorable.

I know that he's got a tough nearly impossible road ahead but I hope he can do it I hope he gets to the final, it would just be so great for him to win his last grand slam before retiring.

I wish him all the best on Thursday and hope he continues all the way to the final.

Here is a Yahoo article on the match:

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/29082006/6/n-sports-agassi-survives-marathon-roddick-fire.html

No comments: