Thursday, August 03, 2006

Hingis advances to third round at Acura Classic







Well, I finally have some Martina Hingis tennis related news it's been a while lol. Now this is not going to be long because I have not actually seen any of the Acura Classic matches yet, unfortunately.

So I can only give a report through written articles. As the title says Martina has moved on to the third round beating another player I never heard of an American named Meilen Tu in two easy sets.

After the match Hingis was presented with the tournament's Corina Morariu Comeback Award. Well deserved for all the work she has put in this year, it's really amazing how well she's doing.

Next she will face Flavia Penetta who I think Martina has already beaten at least three times this year so the odds are good. Things will get interesting if she has to face Kim Clijsters again in the quarters.

Also just have to add I love her new outfit, take notes Sharapova.

All pics are from Hingis.org already linked on this blog.


For more details on this and other matches check out this link:
http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news?slug=reu-sandiegotuesdaydc&prov=reuters&type=lgns

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haven't had a chance to catch up with Martina. She looks great though. Wow! Is she fit or what?

Lurker said...

Oh, yeah, I think she's one of the fittest players on the tour right now.