Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Kim Clijsters out of Rogers Cup!

I was just watching the Kim Clijsters match with Canadian Stephanie Dubois and a shocking thing occurred Kim injured her left wrist. She had it taped and continued to play, during one point she fell on her injured wrist and had to retire. This is the same wrist she had surgery on in June of 2004.

This is terrible for Kim, I feel so sorry for her. With the U.S. Open only two weeks away there will be lots of question marks and whether she can recover and is able to play. So now with her out the field is really open for anyone to take the title.

Of course I would love for Hingis to take it but she's really gonna have to raise the level of her game for that to happen. And tomorrow will be a really tough match for her playing Hantuchova.

Again I'm just so sorry for Clisjster she is one of my other favourite players aside from Hingis and she's been having such a good year. I would hate for this to ruin her career and be the reason for her retirement.

TSN will have a post match conference with Kim as it becomes available I'm gonna try to catch it and see what Kim has to say.

Here is a Yahoo article related to Kim's injury:
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/16082006/3/sports-clijsters-bows-rogers-cup.html

No comments: