Friday, August 04, 2006

Hingis wins 3rd round moves to play Clijsters in Acura Classic

Well since I can't sleep I might as well write about this now lol. Martina is in the quarters so she will once again face Kim Clijsters.

Which should make for an entertaining match. But this time I'm betting on Hingis as the victor, the table has to turn some time and I think this might be it. And I'm sure I've said this before but I think this time Martina has a real chance.

Mainly because unlike other times these two have played this year, Clijsters had a tough match a 3 setter. So she won't be as fresh as she was at Roland Garros for example with a days rest. This time she has played 6 matches in the last 8 days. With that said Martina didn't have it easy either.

She played a 3 setter as well against Penetta. But in her case it was only because she seemed to loose concentration towards the end of the second set from what I have read. But she pulled herself together in the third.

Winning the match 6/2 3/6 6/1. I just hope she doesn't have any concentration lapses tomorrow, or rather today lol. You can't really have those against Kim and Martina will have her work cut out for her as it is running all over the court.

Gotta say it's a little weird for Martina to have so many concentration lapses she seems to have them more now then she did when she first came back in January.

Anyway I'm keeping my fingers crossed if she can beat Clijsters she will have a good chance of winning the title so I wish her lots of luck.

Here is an article summery of this and other matches from Thursday's play at Acura:
http://in.today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=sportsNews&storyID=2006-08-04T105920Z_01_NOOTR_RTRJONC_0_India-262359-2.xml

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see Martina got to advance. Will try to lookout for tomorrow's (or did it happen today?)

I think Martina just needs to play tennis instead of over analyzing everything. Just like she did in the old days. She was so dominating before, because I believe things came so naturally for her.

Lurker said...

Yeah it's suppose to happen today, she's playing Kim around 10PM EST. So I'll have something up regarding that after midnight.

And I think you're right about her just playing instead of over analyzing. Hopefully she'll do just that today and win against Kim.