Friday, September 08, 2006

Thumbs up for Celebrity Duets

I don't know why I didn't comment on it at all last week, but I've decided to do so this week. First off I have to say I'm really getting into this show and I was really impressed with the improvements that some of the celebrities made this week.

And I give them kudos 'cause it has to be intimidating as hell to sing with some of the singers that have been on. This week there was Wynona Judd, Brian McKnight, Clint Black, Belinda Carlisle, Kenny Loggins even one of the Pointer sisters.

Very cool. And most of the celebs held their own. Of course the main celeb I really care about is Lucy Lawless:D. Who unfortunately tonight did not do so well, I think she actually did better last week. But it's only because she's her own biggest critic and a little bit of a perfectionist. Which can be good and bad. She was too worried about sounding perfect tonight and forgot some of the lyrics. Marie Osmond didn't let her forget it either. Mostly I just think she needs to learn to relax and not take the vocals so seriously just be herself and enjoy the moment.

The way she did in her first week. With all that said I also think she got the short end of the stick because she once again drew a male singer (last week she sang with Smokey Robinson and Micheal Bolton) this week it was Kenny Loggins. I really want to see Lucy sing with a female artist, just to be able to hear her vocals better.

If I had my pic I would love for her to sing with Cindi Lauper and if it had to be another male artist I think she would sound great with someone like Richard Marx. Who knows? it might even happen tomorrow since all the celebs are singing again during the results show with new artists. Can't wait!.

Lucy's husband Rob Tapert was in the audience tonight supporting his wife, along with Xena fan club president Sharon Delaney. Although they misspelled Rob's last name as Rob Talpert lol. Poor guy. So not a stellar night for Lucy but I have no doubt that the fan base will pull together and vote her through. Xena fans are nothing if not totally dedicated;). So I'm sure she'll move to the next round.

As for the others I thought Lea Thompson did a great job tonight singing with Belinda, Jai Rodriguez still seems to be leading the pack though. Hal Sparks also sounded better then last week. And heck, even Cheech Marin improved! who knew? lol. And of course Alfonso (from Fresh Prince) was great as well, I think he'll definitely go far. I'm pretty sure the next celeb to go will be the Olympic gymnast Carly Paterson.

Nonetheless I think this show will turn into battle of the fans lol. Whoever has the biggest fan base will get the most votes. And quite frankly I don't really know of any bigger fan base then the Xenaverse:D (except for maybe Star Trek).

Also forgot to add a small note about the judges, good god! Little Richard must come with a dictionary I cannot understand a single word the guy says lol. David Foster is obviously the most qualified and does give good constructive criticism.

Same with Marie she's harsh but fair. I'm still wishing they had chosen a better middle judge though, at this point Little Richard is making Paula Abdul sound 100 times better lol.

No comments: