Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Cruise apologizes to Brooke Shields for postpartum spat

If you follow my blog then you know that I have previously written about the whole Cruise/Shields postpartum depression issue. Well, it now appears that Mr. Cruise showed up at Ms. Shields house and apologized for his comments and for bringing Brooke into the whole fiasco.

According to Shields he was very sincere and she accepted his apology. Now what really gets my wheels turning is why exactly is he apologizing for those comments now?. It's been what a whole year?. From what I've read the reason he did this is because he wants to reconcile his friendship with Shields.

I'm not so convinced that's it, I think maybe Tom has experienced some of the postpartum depression with Katie and doesn't wanna admit that he was wrong. It could also be Cruise's way of trying to win back his female fans of which I'm sure he has lost many.

As evidenced by his dwindling popularity and poor movie ticket sales. Also apparently his views on the issue of postpartum depression have not changed one bit. So I'm not sure how the friendship thing will work.

If you ask me Brooke is being too nice, if I was in her spot I'd just say "Hey buddy too little too late". But that's me and I do not have any respect for the man.

Oh, and as for the whole Suri thing? photos of her and so forth. I say "who gives a..." lol. With that said I have actually seen a few random pics and gotta say not what I would call 'cute'.

Here is a related article for those interested:
http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1157198468384&call_pageid=968332188492

No comments: