Friday, September 22, 2006

Celebrity Duets week 4

Wow! now that's what I'm talking about, Lucy Lawless totally rocked tonight!. She sang with Richard Marx I was so happy. Since she couldn't sing with Cindi he was the next best thing, and they sang one of my fave songs of his "I'll Be Right Here Waiting For You". The reason Cindi Lauper was not there was because apparently that was just a rumor, she was never going to be on at all, too bad.

Like I said Lucy still kicked butt with Richard!. For the first time in the competition everyone was able to really hear her voice and it was absolutely great. She seemed more relaxed tonight then all the previous times. And not at all hesitant or timid as Marie would say. I think having her family with her was a big factor in that. She had both her sons with her and her older daughter Daisy was cheering for her in the audience.

That had to feel nice and I'm certain it give her a boost of confidence. Hopefully if she makes it to the final the whole family will be there:D. She got praise from all 3 judges tonight, finally. Well OK 2 I never count Little Richard because I still need a dictionary when he speaks lol. Although Marie had to put in her comment about relating more to her singing partner by touching his shoulder, whatever Marie.

Lucy was on second tonight and had a tough act to follow with Jai and Patti LaBelle tearing down the place with "Lady Marmalade". But I think she really pulled it off. Her best performance to date. I can't wait to see what song Lucy will sing with Marx tomorrow. And she better go through I want her to be in the final 3.

As for the others well again I want Cheech OUT already and the same goes for Hal who did way too much screaming then singing tonight. Aside from Lucy's performance Alfonso was my second favourite. So my pick for the final 3 are Lucy, Jai and Alfonzo. Lucy looked great again tonight (as if that's a huge surprise lol) in a tight black leather dress, I'll have some pics later in the day.

No comments: