Sunday, September 24, 2006

Hingis is in the finals at Sunfeast Open

Martina shaking hands with Sania Mirza after winning 6/1 6/0







Well, she has done it again she beat India's Sania Mirza for a spot in the final. And from what I have read she did it with a certain amount of power as well as raising the level of her game. Also winning the important points, and basically reading her opponent like a book. She won the match 6/1 6/0. I think that's the best match score she's had in a while. She will now go on to face Russia's Olga Poutchkova.

She also beat Thailand's Tamarine Tanasugarn in the quarters in straight sets. But the first set was tough she was down 0/3 due to some unforced errors before switching things up and winning it 7/5.

Then winning the second set easily 6/2. I'm really glad she's doing so well, these smaller tournaments are turning out to be great for her and I'm sure they will benefit her in the long run. I'm wishing her the best of luck today, I hope she can beat her next opponent and take the title.

Also is it just me or does Martina seem to really like the orange outfit?:D. I'm starting to think that's her favourite colour.

All pics belong to hingis.org


Here are a couple of articles with more details on above matches:


http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/007200609222240.htm quarter finals

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2006/09/23/sports/AS_SPT_TEN_Sunfeast_Open.php semi-finals



No comments: