Saturday, September 30, 2006

Celebrity Duets the votes are in........

And Alfonzo Ribeiro is the winner. As the winner he gets $100,000 for his favourite charity. Congrats to him. I know that I said I had no problems with who wins that I would be happy either way and I am. But at the same time I can't help but feel a little sad that Lucy lost.

At least I was right about the competition being between Alfonzo and Lucy. Hal got the boot, before they announced the winner. He really didn't impress me all that much, his scream-fest has gotten on my nerves the last few performances. His best one was the very first duet with Dennis De Young.

Tonight everyone got in on the singing gig, including Mr. unintelligible himself Little Richard who sang "Good Golly Miss Molly". Which I admit was a nice blast from the past. Before that all 8 celebrities returned for a group number.

David Foster joined in on the piano as the celebs sang songs written by him. And of course there's Marie who also sang a little something with the group. Even the host got a chance to belt out a song with Boys 2 Men. And I have to say Wayne Brady can carry a tune!.

Lucy's husband Rob and daughter Daisy were in the audience again tonight, too bad Renee couldn't make it for the finale.

Tonight was also a chance for the 3 remaining celebs to show off their skills singing solo. Lucy was totally rocking out during hers on a raised platform. I don't know what song it was exactly but it sounded great and she was having a blast doing it.

Even though Lucy didn't win I have to say I am so proud to be her fan, she brought so much fun to her performances it was a blast watching her sing with all these legends and grow more confident with each passing week.

I am sure she will have no regrets or gripes about not winning, after all how can you not feel like a winner when you've sang with some of the best in the business?. I hope that this experience convinces her to continue with her singing.

And who knows? maybe even make an album one of these days. I am so glad I taped all her performances, now I can go back and relive them all over again. I just cannot get enough of her duets last night with Smokey and Bonnie lol. It's sort of hard to believe it's over. I 've gotten used to watching Lucy perform every Thursday and Friday night.

She may not have won the phone poll, but she'll always be a winner in the eyes of all her fans:D.

As they say in New Zealand good on ya Lucy!

No comments: