Thursday, September 07, 2006

Nadal out Davenport out Federer and Sharapova still alive

Well, I watched some more Tennis today hoping against hope that Lindsay Davenport would make it to the final so it wouldn't have to be another Henin-Hardenne/Mauresmo clash. But it's heading in that direction.

Which means I am bowing out of watching the women's final because, I am so not interested in them playing again. Heck it won't make one bit of difference if it is Sharapova instead, since I despise her even more.

So women's final is out for me, but for the first time in a while I'm actually interested in the men's final. Especially now that Nadal is out and there will no longer be another Nadal/Federer clash. That was a pleasant surprise.

Now I have no doubt that it will be Mr. Federer who takes the title and even though that's predictable I still like it. Since Martina couldn't win it at least her fellow Swiss countryman will:D. Plus if Roger wins this one it'll give him even more points allowing him to continue to hold his #1 ranking longer. And that's good news in my book.

No comments: