Friday, May 11, 2007

Hingis loses in Berlin more health questions arise







hingis.org

Well I guess I have my answer Martina's performance against Patty Schnyder was terrible, which means she really is having some problems with injuries. I'm a little confused on exactly what those injuries are.

Some press is reporting that's it's a shoulder issue, some are saying it's her hip and some are saying it's her back. I'm not sure which to believe at the moment.

But there clearly is something wrong with her physically nothing else could explain the 6-4 6-0 loss to her fellow Swiss opponent


Martina admits to not being a hundred percent in several interviews, the fact that she's even considering not defending her title in Rome next week is another indication things are definitely not good.

I'm starting to think that the French Open is an absolute jinx for Hingis, every time we get to this championship something bad happens to her. Last year it was the food poisoning and this year it's another possible injury.

She just cannot win. I'm still hoping for a miracle, even though I know the chances are probably slim to none. I don't really care that much if she misses Rome but I would be hugely disappointed if she withdrew from The French.

The optimist in me really hopes her injuries are not too serious, especially since she had enough of them during the 3 years she was retired. Simply put, this would just suck.

The "I'd like to make a decision soon what to do about my future" comment is especially worrisome. Please don't let it be another retirement.

Tennis needs Martina Hingis without her and Kim Clijsters there will be no one with real personalities on court (at least on the women's side). And the game will become boring again with nothing but power hitters.

I'll be following tennis events very closely over the next few weeks with the hope that everything will turn out alright. And I'm sending all my positive vibes Hingis's way, wishing her a speedy recovery.

No comments: