Thursday, May 24, 2007

American Idol 2007......


17 year old Jordin Sparks!. I knew she would win after Melinda Doolittle got booted off, and though I'm quite happy for Jordin 'cause she definitely has the chops I have to say this year was so anti-climatic.

I would have actually been more shocked if it was Blake that won it (I'm so glad he didn't though). I was getting real tired of his beat-boxing bit. I'm actually still very sad that Melinda didn't win the whole she-bang but I'll take Jordin over Blake any day.

Things I never wanna see or hear again in future AI finales:

1. The golden idol awards *rolls eyes* so lame and clearly time filling devices.

2. The song writing contest, total disaster!. I think Jordin really did the best she could with a sappy, crappy ballad like "This Is My Now". Ok, it was slightly better then Taylor's "Do I Make You Proud" single last year but not by much.

3. Bette Midler I actually really like the woman (and a lot of her songs) but tonight's performance of "Wind Beneath My Wings" was kind of excruciating in the make your ears bleed kind of way. Let's just blame it on the AI band 9/10 times it's their fault! lol. Seriously, I hope she does better when she takes over for Celine next year, or those ticket sales will plummet.

4. Please no more Tony Bennett! I have huge respect for the guy, but I don't know he just doesn't gel with American Idol for me.

Bring on American Idol 2008!

No comments: