Tuesday, May 01, 2007

80's nostalgia...'cause you can never have enough


That's right this year marks the 20th anniversary of Dirty Dancing. Man does that make me feel old! lol. Hard to believe it's been that long.

I still remember when I wasn't allowed to watch it because I was too young for such "racy" content. *chuckle*

Another anniversary means another theatre re-release and probably another special edition DVD (how many will that make 3? lol). Not that there's anything wrong with that;).

Yes I admit that back in the day when Jennifer Grey actually looked like Jennifer (prior to her nose job) and Patrick was a total hottie I couldn't get enough of this movie.

What am I saying? I still can't! lol. I'm pretty sure I've seen it close to a hundred times by now and can recite every line by heart. Who could forget such classics as "Nobody puts baby in a corner" and "I carried a watermelon". And let's not forget the dancing. Ah, the memories lol.

What can I say?, I'm an 80's fanatic. And well I guess the story of forbidden love and forbidden dance in the Catskills continues to satisfy the romantic in me.

With all that said I am off to dust off the old VHS tape and "Have the Time of My Life". :D The rest of you can enjoy this classic scene courtesy of YouTube:).

No comments: