Sunday, January 28, 2007

Roger Federer wins third consecutive Australian Open title

Not that there was ever a doubt in my mind;) I knew he could do it. Although Fernando Gonzalez put up a great fight especially in the first set. But Roger is just too good.

It's always amazing to watch him, he moves fast but seemingly without effort. I don't think I've ever seen the guy out of breath. His movement is always very fluid, it's really fascinating.

So now Roger has won his 10th grand slam title (4 more and he'll be one of the greats along with Sampras at 14). Actually both him and Hingis are really close in terms of total titles won, he has 45 and Martina 43. That's what I call Swiss precision;).

Federer also made history by being only the second men to win the Aussie Open without dropping a set. Very impressive, perhaps he's sending a message to Nadal that the French will be his this year too?.

Let's hope. Oddly enough that's the only grand slam that eludes both Federer and Hingis. Hopefully this year will be different.

I would love to see both Swiss players in the finals of the French Open that would make my year:D. For the women there's now Serena to contend with again, but if there's anyone who can beat her it's Hingis.

Plus I don't think Serena has ever been that good on clay so I don't think Martina has to worry about her at Roland Garros.

No comments: