Thursday, January 25, 2007

Aussie Aussie oy oy!!

Kim Clijsters of Belgium or 'Aussie Kim' as she's so affectionately called by the Australians said farewell to the Aussie Open for possibly the last time. Sharapova beat her in 2 sets 6/4 6/2.

Very disappointing, but her game just wasn't there again today just like against Hingis. Listening to Kim make her speech though, it just hit me how much I'm going to miss her at the end of this year. Tennis needs more players like her and Hingis.

Now I'm really wishing Hingis went through she would have kicked Serena's butt in the final. So now it is Sharapova/Williams which means I'm saying goodbye to this tournament and moving on the the next one because I have no interest in knowing who the winner is in this case.

I dislike both these players equally. So it's on the the men's match for me, Federer vs. Roddick. And hopefully Fed won't fail.

No comments: