Thursday, January 04, 2007

Hingis moves into the semi's at the Australian Gold Coast

Well, another easy victory for Martina Hingis a 2 set win over Colombian Catalina Castano 6-3, 6-1. She now moves on to play Italian Tathiana Garbin on Friday in the semis. The chances of grabbing this title just got bigger because Shahar Peer knocked out Ana Ivanovic in 3 sets. Opening things up considerably for Martina.

Grabin may still prove tough but, I think Martina will come out victorious and move to the final where she'll face either Shahar Peer or Danira Safina. If I had to choose I would like Hingis to play Safina again, since she seems to know her game well. But we shell wait and see, I can't wait for the Australian Open Championships to start on January 15th.

A lot of people are saying Hingis has new found confidence, perhaps even from being happy in her personal life, I say whatever the reason I hope it doesn't go away, because it's certainly doing wonders for her game. I wish her the best of luck tomorrow hope she makes it to the final and takes the title:). It would certainly be a nice start to the year.

No comments: