Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Top 10 Google Searches 2006

I couldn't call myself much of a geek if I didn't mention this year's most searched list. This one is a personal favourite because it relates to Google (you gotta appriciate their sense of humor lol).

1. Bebo - Britain's answer to MySpace

2. Myspace - Murdoch's answer to how to make money online

3. World Cup - France's answer to where head butting is acceptable

4. Metacafe - The other YouTube

5. Radioblog - Where bloggers practice extreme annoyance and how to crash Firefox

6. Wikipedia - Where wikiality and truthiness prevail

7. Video - Because searchers don't know how to be more specific

8. Rebelde - What's better than Catholic schoolgirls? Catholic schoolgirls in Spanish, apparently.

9. Mininova - Next year's acronym magnet (DRM, MPAA, RIAA, DOJ)

10. Wiki - Because the downside of Web 2.0 is you have to say things that sound silly.


Source: http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/topnews/wpn-60-20061219Top10GoogleSearches2006.html

Interesting results this year I'm definitely one of the people contributing to the video, wikipedia and Mininova searches.

I'm surprised that Myspace got beaten by a British equivalent, I haven't heard of them but catchy name. I also had no idea there was another YouTube, leave it to Google to teach you something new;).

No comments: