Monday, December 18, 2006

Good eatin'

Went to an office Christmas party with the folks on Saturday (for dad's company). It was a restaurant in Oakville. And I have to say the food was excellent.

I had a delicious creamy mushroom soup as an appetizer, then for the main course I had a chicken breast with garlic mashed potatoes and assorted vegetables. Yum!.

I topped it off with a creme brulee for dessert, very light yet very filling at the same time. The whole menu consisted of mostly sea food actually, so it left me with very limited choices since I'm not a sea food fan.

My dad was in heaven, he had some escargots and salmon. Good for him but those 2 dishes would never touch my lips! lol.

The only quibble I had was that it was a very small restaurant with very little room to move around comfortably, especially with a large party of people. All the chairs were quite close together, and everyone was basically bumping each other with their elbow if they weren't careful.

Made going to the rest room a bit of a nightmare, because I was sitting in the middle of the table so people were forced to get up when I wanted to get out of my seat. Really not the best seat arrangements at least on the lower level, the upper level looked a lot more comfortable.

The size of the place increased the noise level quite a bit, and I ended up yelling while trying to have a conversation with the person across from me.

The place itself was very elegant with romantic lighting and table set up, perfect if you're on a date not so great for office parties in my opinion.

We ended up eating an hour later then scheduled, because our cabbie, got lost when picking up 2 other people from the party. I was definitely ready to eat by the time we got there. All in all though it was an enjoyable evening, a nice break from the norm.

Strangely enough, it didn't get me into the Christmas season as much as I thought it would. I guess I'm just not really looking forward to it this year in particular for some reason. Maybe it'll change by the end of the week, till then I'll just have to grin and bear it.

No comments: