Friday, December 05, 2008

Thoughts on the Christmas rush



I was having a chat with my mom the other day about our mutual hate of Christmas rush preparations.

Particularly when it comes to decorations (the shopping is more understandable since the beginning of December is when all the best deals are).

But do we really need to put up all our decorations right at the beginning of December? or for many people the end of November?.

I'm all for celebrating, but that's what the 2 weeks are for. If you put up all that stuff really early I find it sort of cheapens the whole experience.

Not to mention that by the time you actually get to Christmas itself you get really sick of everything.

It's the same as when you start hearing all those Christmas Carols on the radio all throughout the holiday month.

You get so sick of them by the end of the first week, you just don't wanna listen to them anymore, well that's how it is for me anyway.

Now I understand that for a lot of people it's probably a case of not having any time for decorating closer to Christmas (with having to run around for gifts and last minute shopping), but still.

So many of us often have our decorations up well after the new year anyway, so again I say why all the rush?.

There's something to be said for enjoying the moment, and milking that moment takes away all the joy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT POST

Lurker said...

Thanks!. It seems all my best posts are usually about things that piss me off lol.