Thursday, July 05, 2007

Another washout day at Wimbledon



As some of you may know by now I usually stop watching a tournament after Martina loses, but this year's Wimbledon has been so full of drama I can't seem to pull myself away. First there's the constant rain, which has disrupted play 21 times!.

It'll truly be a miracle if the organizers can still have the championships this weekend, with the way things are going I have feeling the men's final may have to happen on Monday.

They really should consider breaking tradition and extend the tournament, hopefully things will get better in 2009 that's when they'll have the center court retractable roof which is currently in the works.

Going back to the drama bit I mentioned, how freaking melodramatic was the Serena/Hantuchova match!?. Anymore dramatic and I would have been watching a soap opera lol.

I was beyond happy when Justine kicked her butt out of the tournament, I was getting so sick of her attitude and her over confident speeches about winning. Glad Justine proved her wrong!. If I had to hear anymore Serena worshiping from all the commentators I was going to chuck something at my t.v.

Now it is looking more and more likely that Justine will have to beat another William's sister in the final, here's hoping Venus totally chokes. She already has 3 Wimbledon's it's time for someone else to get it.

It will also be interesting to see if Roger can get his 5th title and become a part of history, something tells me he will after all he is the 'king of grass'.

No comments: