Monday, March 31, 2008

Dancing with the Stars (week 3)

Well, it was a night of jive and tango. We started things off with Marlee Matlin who I thought was very impressive once again.

And I'm not sure what I like watching more at the moment, her dancing or the behind the scenes training banter with her partner. Loved her "you have to please me" comment LOL. She just cracks me up.

Carrie Ann is starting to be very nit-picky now, but I have a feeling that as the weeks go on if Marlee continues to move along in the competition she will blow them all out of the water.

Her scores were one point lower then last week, but 21/30 is still very good. I really want her to stay, she brings such great energy to the competition.

Just like Mel. B. did last season. Actually i should add Marissa Winokur to that as well.

Speaking of, I'm actually gonna have to agree with the judges on their assessment this week. It wasn't as good, but I wouldn't say it was boring. I think Xena fans are gonna have to get crackin'.

I haven't mentioned Steve Gutenberg up to this point but I give him props for his dance tonight I thought he did quite well.

I thought the best jive of the night was Derek (or as a friend of mine calls him Leonardo Dicaprio look-a-like) and Shannon.

In a jive it's all about choreography and Derek and his sister (Julianne) always do the most complicated stuff.

That seems to pay off and most importantly it's really fun to watch;). No wonder they keep those 2 around.

Best tango definitely goes to Priscilla, since it's all about precision and Priscilla is a perfectionist it was perfect for her, the acting was not half bad either.

And I really liked the dress she was wearing, I thought it looked very flattering on her.

My second favourite jive of the night was Edyta and Jason. I'm still in awe of how gracefully this guy moves.

And actually I should rephrase my earlier statement and say that aside from Derek and Julianne, Edyta has some of the best choreography on the show.

Kristi Yamaguchi kicked butt again with 27/30 for her tango. I'll honestly be surprised if she doesn't make it to the finale.

My predictions for who will go this week, either Mario or Adam.

No comments: