Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Dancing with the Stars: Ladies night off with a bang!

Last night was the first night of dancing for the ladies and I have to say the majority of them were quite impressive. Particularly former Olympic skater Kristi Yamaguchi, and Priscilla Prestley.

The dance of the night though went to Marlee Matlin, I think along with everyone in the audience I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out how she did all those moves to the music perfectly and looked better doing them then all the other couples who can actually hear.

I'm not sure why but I knew she would be a good dancer, I just wasn't sure how her partner would get around the logistics.

All credit to both him and Marlee for pulling it off, it was inspiring. I want Marlee to stick around for the long haul. So please people vote for her;).

The only person who seemed to really be struggling was poor Monica Seles. Which was surprising I actually thought she would do well, being an athlete.

Strange as this may sound I'm actually hoping she sticks around longer. I think she could get better as the weeks go on, but I'm probably the only one, and she'll be the first one off the show lol.

The most enthusiastic performance I think in all 6 years of the show had to be Marissa Jared Winokur. She was like a kid in a candy store, so bubbly and full of energy. She could barely contain herself it was so fun to watch.

Just as I do with American Idol I'm always scouring the audience to see if there are any other famous celebs sitting on the sidelines.

As I was hoping Lucy Lawless came to cheer her best friend (Marissa) on, along with her daughter Daisy. They were both sitting next to last year's winner (and my fave) Helio Castroneves.

Hope this appearance means Lucy will be a regular (in the audience that is;). I am already eagerly anticipating next week.

No comments: