Monday, March 10, 2008

Fun at the YMCA


Well, I survived my first day of the YMCA job workshop, but boy it was tough. Mainly the getting up early part.

I haven't had to get up anywhere past noon in a while, so it was quite a shock to my system. LOL

Losing an hour of sleep while switching to daylight savings certainly didn't help the adjustment.

As for the activities themselves, they were pretty much identical to ones I've done in high school, which included group teamwork exercises and personality/interest tests.

Basically pretty yawn-worthy stuff. Hoping it gets better later on, or staying awake is gonna be an issue lol.

Doing the True Colours test (for the 100th time!) took me right back to high school. Let's just say I'm SO glad those days are far behind me.

Finding my way has also been challenging, since I'm terrible at directions and usually have to go to the same place a couple of times before I remember all the correct bus stops. I'm sure by the end of the week I'll have things figured out.

As the day went on the group got bigger and bigger, to the point where I think we'll now be split into 2 separate ones not quite sure what that means yet.

That will all be made clear tomorrow. What else?, well I've met some nice people, the next 3 weeks are going to be an experience.

Whether that experience will be good or bad, remains to be seen.

No comments: