Tuesday, January 08, 2008

People's Choice 2008 entertainment or sleep aid?


What do you get when you take away the red carpet arrives and live celebrity speeches from the Peoples Choice Awards?. Taped and old archived speeches from past winners, in other words a whole lot of nothing!.

Well, unless you're in a really nostalgic mood, and feel the need to see all of your favourite celebs with hair circa 1980's LOL.

The only reason I tuned in is because I voted. But now that I think about it I could have just as easily checked out the results on the website. Damn! lol.

I'm surprised CBS decided to go ahead and run the PCA's in the first place. They must be desperate lol. I think the host Queen Latifah was about the only highlight.

If the big wigs at the t.v. networks need anymore proof that we need the writers back stat, all they need to do is watch this year's PCA telecast.

Hopefully that will either wake them up and make them realize that without writers even the award shows are a total wash out, or it'll put them to sleep lol.

Seriously it's so sad that the People's Choice became the first casualty of the strike. Especially since it's the only award show worth watching.

All I have to say is it's a good thing The Golden Globes were scrapped and I'm gonna go out on a limb and say unless some miracle negotiations happen the Oscars are next.

No comments: