Monday, January 14, 2008

Fun with the young...... celebrities that is;)

I'm sure many of you have figured out by now, the writers strike has left me with very little to blog about.

Thus the sporadic updates. As a way of combating complete boredom lol, I've been scowering the net for entertainment.

One of the things I have been checking out are lists made by industry insiders, things like best/hottest celebs, best movies, best music etc.

Usually if I'm looking for amusement I'll look for funny jokes or funny videos. But every once in a while these lists prove just as good. Hollywood's hottest young stars under 25
was one that particularly caught my interest. After viewing the list, I have to say the choices are pretty good.

However, there are a few that I disagree with, I don't really get the big deal about Keira Knightley. I mean she's a good actress, but she hasn't really been in any spectacular movies, at least none that would be of any interest to me.

Yeah, ok I know what you're thinking what about Pirates of the Caribbean, right?. She did alright in that, but truthfully aside from the very first one I had a hard time staying awake through the other 2 flicks lol, even though I am a Johnny Depp fan.

The other young star I'm not really a fan of is Zac Efron. I guess I don't really see what he has to offer aside from his pretty boy looks.

It could just be that I'm over the whole cute boy teenage crush thing, but I think over exposure may also be adding to the dislike factor.

Other then those 2 the list is pretty solid, there are actually many I haven't even heard of but will definitely keep an eye on.

Now on to the good ones. I'm gonna start off with Evan Rachel Wood first (and not just because I have a slight obsession when it comes to this actress lol).

I just think that out of all the people on this list she has the most staying power. Aside from great acting instincts, she has an absolute knack for picking perfect roles for herself.

I think what I like about her the most is that she doesn't go for the Hollywood A list, and blockbuster money factor. She picks roles purely on the basis of challenging herself and furthering her acting talents.

Which is why she does a lot more independent productions. I wish more young stars in Hollywood adapted her way of thinking.

Oh, and I wonder what Evan would think of her ex-boyfriend Jamie Bell being on the list as well.

Anyway moving on lol, Mischa Barton another good pick, (yes I know she was arrested for DUI recently but what young celeb in Hollywood hasn't?. Frankly I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner). But back to the reason I like her, like Evan she's shown great maturity in terms of her acting as well as some unique movie choices. And I think she can only get better.

Emily Blunt I'm gonna have to remember this name I loved her in "The Devil Wears Prada".

Shia LaBeouf
loved this guy in "Transformers" can't wait to see his next project.

Micheal Cera this guy has an interesting way of adding charm to the geek look. And he's good at playing lovable geeks so that's a bonus.

Ellen Page
, after recently seeing "Juno" I'm intrigued by her acting style and I can't wait to see what she has in store.

Elle Faning no big surprise there really, seeing as her sister Dakota is an acting genius I guess it was a natural thing for her to follow in her older sister's footsteps.

All of these names definitely have a promising future ahead, like the article says it'll be interesting to see who will last.

I could go on and on with this list, but it's making me feel old lol, so I better stop. I'll just end with this, anyone else think Freddie Highmore is a younger clone of Haley Joel Osment?. Freaky. Hopefully puberty will be a little kinder to him lol.

No comments: