Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Say goodbye to 'Lubby'




I have been hearing rumors about Maura Tierney and Goran Visnjic leaving ER since the end of last year, well sadly it looks like the rumors were indeed true. Both Maura and Goran will be leaving ER sometime next year according to the TV Guide blog.

Both actors are apparently seeking a movie career which of course is impossible with ER's shooting schedule. As a long time ER and 'Lubby' (Luka and Abby) fan this was not happy news.

The characters of Abby Lockheart (Maura Tierney) and Luka Kovac (Goran Visnjic) have always been my favourite. They have been the couple that I've been invested in and rooting for over the past 7 years.

Being a total romantic I cannot wait till the end of this season when we finally get to see the happy couple get married (yay!) and may I add about time!.

Goran and Maura are wonderful actors who have undeniable chemistry, and there's no doubt in my mind even with NBC's uncanny ability to find new cast members that gel well together that their presence will be sorely missed come next year.

There's no word yet on exactly when or how the characters will make their exit (well ok I'm sure there is but I'm avoiding spoilers), and I won't bother speculating. I will say this, no more deaths please! (sorry Maura).

It also remains to be seen whether both characters will leave the show simultaneously, or whether both will have a separate story arc, but we won't have to worry about that till next year.

I'm sure we'll all shed a tear when the time comes, for now lets just enjoy the Abby/Luka goodness in all their soon to be wedded familial bliss.

Oh, I do want to add that even though I will miss their characters immensely I wish both Goran and Maura success in their future movie careers.


No comments: