Friday, April 27, 2007

Another one bites the dust

Well, it seems that the Belgium Kim Clijsters has withdrawn from another grand slam. This time it's the U.S. Open. She's already withdrawn from The French in order to have time for wedding preparations.

Wimbledon will be her last grand slam of the year and I guess her career since she still plans to retire at the end of the year. Understandably so since she's had so many plaguing injuries.

As great as the game of Tennis is, it's also very taxing on the players themselves. Even with all the training there's always one player that eventually has to leave for good due to injuries. It's really too bad, I've enjoyed her style of play in recent years and I'm really going to miss it.

And I guess after the J&S Cup in Warsaw Poland, there will be no more potential match-ups between Clijsters and Hingis. I'm sure Martina considers it a blessing though, seeing as she's lost to Kim so many times since coming back to the game a year ago.

I honestly don't know what the heck I'm going to write about when Martina decides to retire, well of course I'm hoping she sticks around for a few more years. But sooner or later she'll have had enough and like Kim want to start a family. Yep, the post count for the blog will significantly decrease lol.

Read the related Yahoo article

No comments: