Monday, April 16, 2007

Avril Lavigne: The Best Damn Thing


I wonder if Avril noticed the title rhymes with her name? lol. Anyway, I have just listened to the aforementioned album courtesy of AOL and decided to share my thoughts on it. To be honest after listening to the whole thing I still can't make up my mind on whether I like it.

I thought songs like "Innocence", "When You're Gone" and "Keep Holding On" were quite good. All the songs I mentioned are slow songs, the rest are fast paced and pop induced.

And to be honest I didn't like them as much as I have her previous ones with the exception of "The Best Damn Thing". That one I did enjoy. I will admit that the songs are fun and some are very funny which is I guess what she was aiming for.

The first single off the album "Girlfriend" which she recorded in 5 different languages, although catchy gets really annoying after the first couple of listens.

It's actually sort of ironic that so many of her songs on this album center on breaking up and general guy-bashing. When her personal life is quite the opposite.

I think that this album is perfect for all the teenager girls out there who wanna blow off some steam and stick it to their ex-boyfriends. I believe for that reason alone the album will probably sell well.

As you can probably guess by now I'm not that impressed with this album and I think her previous efforts were much better. Maybe it's because I'm used to her albums having more of a brooding rock edge to it.

And I also think that her previous albums were a little deeper lyrically, but with that said the album is not too bad. The slow tracks are definitely worth a listen particularly "Keep Holding On" and "When You're Gone".

You can check out Avril's new effort on the AOL Full CD Listening Party site. Once again all you need to do is download the AOL player. The album will be available on the site until the following Monday only. And it comes out in stores this Tuesday April 17th.

No comments: