Sunday, February 25, 2007

It's Oscar night....again

Well, the Oscars have just started, have to say I'm really enjoying them so far. It's probably because of the host:) speaking of, Ellen DeGeneres is doing a great job!. I know that some people may not like her or her brand of comedy.

Personally I just love her, she's absolutely hilarious and I think her humor is just so refreshing. Life humor is always the best kind and she's the best at it.

Comedy seems to once again be the thing this year, we even had John C. Riley (whom I love that guy can belt out a song!), Jack Black and Will Ferrel do a number. Never thought I would see that lol, but it was well done. I think unlike last year the comedy is a lot less corny, another credit to Ellen.

Loved the elements and sound choir and the dance troupe, very cool. I'm disappointed neither Eddie Murphy nor Mark Wahlberg won the Oscar for supporting actor. I really thought one of them would. But I wouldn't be surprised if Mark Wahlberg gets nominated again.

And hey is it me? or has Ellen saying "no one wants to listen to long boring speeches" actually helped make them more interesting? lol. Oh, and can I just say I love Ellen interacting with the nominees. Giving Martin Scorsese a script and taking a photo with Clint Eastwood for myspace lol. Great!. Even YouTube got a mention, Hollywood is getting with the times.

Jennifer Hudson just won an Oscar for best supporting actress! (take that Simon Cowell !!). I guess Jennifer really didn't think she was gonna win, she didn't even have a speech prepared. She really didn't need one, more people should just say things from the heart like her.

Celine Dion took time from her busy schedule at Caesar's Palace to appear at the Oscars this year and sing a song. Sounded wonderful as always. And gotta say I loved the dress she wore during the performance more then the green one she wore on the red carpet.

The brown colour suited her better. There, that's the only fashion comment I'll make. Ok I lied I also have to say that Jodie Foster looked amazing, the woman knows how to dress.

Wow, Melissa Etheridge just picked up an Oscar for best original song!. Lots of surprises this year. Good surprises. Like Forrest Whittaker and Marty Scorsese finally wining Oscars (about time!:).

And hey the show only ran about 13 minutes longer then last year. I've thoroughfully enjoyed it this year. I haven't really seen any of the movies, but I was definitely entertained (unlike some years where it's been a snooze-fest). I hope Ellen gets invited back to do it again next year.

No comments: