Thursday, February 22, 2007

Hingis hangs tough in Dubai


The black outfit is back perhaps a bad omen?

Well, looks like Martina had a surprisingly tough battle in her second round of the Dubai Championships. She had to play a 2 hour 40 minute 3 set marathon to defeat Spain's Anabel Medina Garrigues 5-7 6-3 6-4 and get into the quarter finals. Ouch!.

It was a match that went on until 1:30am local time due to previous matches going longer then expected. Hingis apparently wanted to stop the play and continue the next day because it was dark but tournament officials did not allow it.

Which made Hingis a little peeved and perhaps made her loose her focus a little. Not that I blame her I would be royally pissed too. Especially if I knew I would have to go out and play Jelena Jankovic the next day. I knew those 2 were gonna clash again, just didn't think it would be so soon. Hope she has enough energy to pull off a win.

This is one match I would really love to see damn TSN for not broadcasting smaller tournaments!.

Read a related article

No comments: