Monday, February 05, 2007

BLOG ARCHIVING 101

I was debating on whether to say anything about this but my frustrations on this issue won out. Before I get to what this is all about I just wanna say this is only a friendly reminder though it's delivery may not sound as such blame it on the type of mood I'm in.

Ok, so on with the topic, I think a lot of people from my visitors, to my friends, to my family members are under the impression that my blog is only focused on Tennis. And I admit it may seem that way at first since the main reason I started it was to share my passion for the sport with other people. But I must point out that the reason people have that impression is because a lot of them don't check the little feature on the blog called an archive.

Let me explain how it works, first off any topic that I write on any given day will be at the very top, that's because an archive sorts the posts in accordance to it's date so the most recent post will always be at the top and the days proceeding it will be at the bottom.

I also have to point out that when clicking on an archive (located right underneath previous posts on the right side of the blog) you are looking at the total posts from the entire month not just one day (for example the month of March). So that means the month may contain anywhere from 1 to 31 posts.

Oh, and I cannot stress this point enough when visiting my blog be sure to scroll down and read the entire page (keep going down till you see the page counter) because as I've mentioned above the month contains more then one topic. I know it may seem time consuming to some but that's just the way the blog is set up, one month is one long page.

Is anyone detecting frustration at this point? lol

Oh, and one more thing I did start the blog last year which means it now contains topics from 2006 and 2007 so be sure to click on them that's what they're there for.

Again please remember to scroll down, I'm sick of being accused of covering only one topic, when in fact I cover many.

Hope this helps and happy reading to all.







No comments: