Sunday, February 11, 2007

It's Grammy night

I haven't watched the Grammy's in a long time but I decided to check it out this year. Nice way to start the show with the reunited Sting (who still is a total hottie) and the Police and the classic "Roxanne".

I think the one thing that watching the Grammy's made me realize is that I really don't listen to a lot of main stream music anymore. I don't really care about Mary J. Blige, Christina Agulera Shakira, Black Eyed Peas, Red Hot Chili Peppers or Justin Timberlake, but that goes without saying lol.

I've really become a fan of indie artists, artists that are unknown and not overplayed on the radio. That's where all the undiscovered talent is in my opinion.

I did enjoy the James Blunt, John Legend, John Mayer, and Gnarls Barkley performances .

And I was very happy that John Mayer won the best pop vocal album although I have to say I was kinda hoping James Blunt would take it.

The best moment of the night goes to the Dixie Chicks for once again sticking it to the critics with a Simpson's quote no less! lol. Priceless!.

Oh, and it looks like aside from Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood seems to be having the most success out of all the previous idols. She won the best new artist award.

Next on the award circuit? The Oscars! only a couple of more weeks I can't wait!. It's gonna be good this year.

No comments: