Sunday, February 04, 2007

Martina Hingis Pan Pacific Open Champion!!

Such a lovely photo, really shows how much winning the title meant to her
Awwww






hingis.org

It's revenge week in Tokyo for Martina Hingis, she beat Ana Ivanovic in just over an hour 6-4 6-2 and took the title. Making this win her record fifth Pan Pacific Open title (she previously won it in 1997, 1999, 2000 and 2002). I guess she is right playing on carpet does suit her game.

This win makes it her first title this year (her 3rd one since her come back last year) and 43rd overall in her career. I am thrilled for her:), now I just can't wait to see her finally holding that elusive French Open trophy. I have a good feeling about it, and I think this is the year when it finally happens.

Great early start to the year I wish her luck in all of her other tournaments, hope that total title number keeps going up;). Congrats to Martina for another great win and another title!!

More on the match

No comments: