Monday, June 12, 2006

Henin and Nadal Champions at Roland Garros

Well, I have watched both the men's and women's French Open finals this weekend. On the women's side Justine-Henin was the winner over Svetlana Kuznetsova. Pretty good match, and some tense moments with the chair empire over a point.

It wouldn't be the French Open without someone causing some controversy and disputing a call lol. It was a good match but I wouldn't say it was surprising.

I would have been more surprised if Kuznetsova had won it. Justine beat her pretty easy 6-4 6-4 and won her 5th grand slam and 3rd French Open title.

On the men's side Rafael Nadal beat Roger Federer in 4 sets completing his 60th straight clay court victory and second French Open title. Not bad for a 20 year old guy. I'm a little disappointed since I wanted Federer to win his first French title.

Him being a Swiss like Martina Hingis:). We had an all Belgium semi-final this year, personally I'm waiting for an all Swiss final with Martina and Roger as the victors. Well I guess there's always Wimbledon on June 26:D.

Here is an article with more details on Justine's match
http://www.tsn.ca/tennis/news_story/?ID=168400&hubname=tennis
and here is one on Rafael Nadal
http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news;_ylt=AknMCHSX47EDUstu6vQxMmo4v7YF?slug=ap-frenchopen&prov=ap&type=lgns

No comments: