Friday, June 23, 2006

AOL representative won't catch a clue

Found this on a message board, it sure makes me glad I never went with anything from AOL. Now this guy did get fired but apparently it won't make a difference because all the reps are like this.

If you want to cancel an account. I applaud the guy who phoned for hanging in there I would have just hang up lol.


An incredible video from CNBC shows an AOL customer trying to cancel his account, but a phone rep won't let him do it.

What customer Vincent Ferrari got when he tried to cancel his account was a lot of frustration. It took him 15 minutes waiting on the phone just to reach a real, live person.

And, what happened next was recorded by Ferrari on audio and lasted about four minutes.

You can read the transcript of the phone call here:

http://www.nbc10.com/news/9406462/detail.html

You can also listen to it on the site. Stupidity doesn't begin to cover this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've read it, the service rep might as well have been working for a Dutch provider I know.

Once I called their helpdesk, because I had no connection, and they adviced me to send them an E-mail discribing the problems I had ;-)

Lurker said...

See complete ridiculousness, people like that shouldn't even be working in the IT field.