Thursday, March 30, 2006

My Pet Parrot is Sick:(

I had a very emotionally exhausting day today my female cockatiel got sick. We had to take her to the vet today (well March 29th to be exact because it's after midnight). I first noticed it when she didn't greet my dad with the loud greeting song that she usually does. Instead she was making these very sad almost painful screeches.

But they were nowhere near the volume she usually would use. And she was just so weak that when anyone picked her up (which she usually hates and fights against) she didn't protest.

We took her in and the place we went to didn't specialize in birds so they couldn't tell exactly what was wrong. She had a strange fluid sack on her lung so they popped it to make the fluid come out.

They also said that she seems to have a bad infection that I would guess built up in the lung. And they give her some medication which we will be administering again tomorrow if she makes it through the night.

I'm very down today and I don't think I've cried this much since I was 8. It's so hard for me to watch any animal suffer. We've had her for 10 years so (my parents and I) are very attached to her.

I really hope she's gonna be ok I'm thinking positively at the moment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Parrot is Sick:("

cocotel

Parrot????