Wednesday, March 15, 2006

The Swiss Miss wins against Lindsay Davenport!!


Martina Hingis all smiles after winning a match against Lindsay 6/3 1/6 6/2

For those who know me and even those who don't you'll find out very quickly that I am a huge tennis fan especially when it comes to the women's game and especially when it comes to Martina Hingis;). So you'll just have to forgive my huge rant;).

I can't promise it won't happen again in the future lol. I'm basically like one of those crazy avid soccer fans that goes nuts after their favourite team wins lol. So anybody who reads my blog will just have to live with it lol.

I have been watching her since she was 14 winning the biggest tournaments and becoming the #1 player in the world. She's now 25 and still kicking butt! lol.

I actually stopped watching tennis after she retired in late 2002 because it just wasn't exciting for me anymore. In recent years tennis has become all about power, the powerful 115km serves, the huge returns. And none of the players ever play with finesse or brains using all their skills and coming to the net.

Which is something that Martina Hingis was and still is a master at, and she just makes you wanna watch. She was the player that started my interest in tennis and now she's the one that brought it back.:). I was watching her at The Pacific Life Open today and she won in a 3 setter against none other then Lindsay Davenport. And I just had to talk about it because it's such a huge victory for her especially after a 3 year retirement due to major foot and ankle injuries.

As a fan it makes me so happy to see her doing so well, and it is just such a joy to watch her play because unlike a lot of the players today she really loves the game. And you can tell that every time she steps out on the court. Ok I'm done ranting now lol. I'll just continue to do a happy dance for the next couple of days till her next match lol.

For anyone who wants to learn more about this great player be sure check out the link to the Martina Hingis Message board right here on my blog:) where you can read all about her incredible accomplishments, her bio as well as check out some great videos and photos.;)

No comments: