Sunday, March 05, 2006

It's Oscar night

Well so far I have watched the beginning which was interesting, some great CGI work putting all those movies together like that nice touch. Also loved the homage so to speak to all the previous hosts like Billy, Steve and Whoopi. And I loved that they all declined it LOL!. I think that probably reflects something that happens every year when the Academy goes looking for a host lol.

Also I have to say they did well choosing John Stewart that guy is perfect for the Oscars, 'cause he's actually funny. He made some brilliant jokes I loved the one with Angelina Jolie LOL!. Also loved the little segment that was making fun of Broke back Mountain with the cowboy movies lol. Who knew? lol. Some nice editing there too.

And it looks like the Oscars are really going for humor this year, making fun of the Oscar cliches of actors going over time on their speeches even going as far as putting Ben Stiller in a green suit lol.

I guess they finally realized not a lot watched last year and that 4 hours with bad jokes doesn't bring many viewers. I think this year is a huge improvement. Can't guarantee that I'll watch it to the end though. It's also nice to see Goerge Clooney get an Oscar way over due if you ask me.

One thing I'm definitely over are all those Oscar gowns in fact I loved when John Stewart made the joke about the actress's not having enough money for a whole dress due to piracy. The guy is hilarious LOL.

Ok I just had to come back to add this I think the joke and the line of the night goes to John Stewart for this gem "Holy Crap I can't wait to see the Oscars salute to montages". And this "We are out of clips we are literally out of clips if you have some please send them I don't care if they're beta just send them".

The geek in me had big laugh at that one LOL!. Bravo John Stewart I hope they bring him back. And they certainly are piling on the film montages this year I guess that will help stretch it to or over the 4 hour mark lol!.

Boy, you know the Oscars have changed when a rap song is not only nominated but performed LOL!. Edited to add the rap song won wow, now I am shocked lol!.

Also while watching the Pre-Oscar show I noticed Sandra Bullock was wearing a gown with pockets, pretty deep pockets too. That's just so Sandra lol.

And Reese Witherspoon just won an Oscar wow, good for her!.

I think I will stick around long enough to see if Chronicles of Narnia wins anything. Ok going back to watch it will come back and give further thoughts on it if I can last that long lol.

Well "Crash" came out as the winner of Best Motion Picture surprising after all that hype about Broke back Mountain. Also the Oscars actually ended early or on time this year however you wanna look at it. They were only 3.30 hours. Huh never thoughts I would see that day lol.

No comments: