Monday, November 21, 2011

DWTS 13: The Finals part 1

And then there were 3.

Ricki & Derek were up first with a sexy Cha Cha.  Len found it action packed with good timing and rhythm.

And although he wanted more hip action it was a dance worthy of the finals.  Bruno said she's never been hotter.  Carrie Ann said she was living the dance.

I thought it was quite good, but I have seen better.  Maybe it's because the show has been on for so long there's only so much originality one can put into a routine and Derek has won the thing 3 times.

I just wasn't jumping out of my seat with excitement as I have in the past.  Still an excellent performance.  I guess it was a bit under par for the judges as well because they give a 27/30.

They received identical scores for their free style.  Which Len found fun and entertaining, despite a not so perfect Quickstep.  Bruno enjoyed Ricki's explosive entrance onto the dance floor.

Carrie loved the effortless lifts.  I tend to agree with a little bit of everything from the judges it was a really great number and the lifts were wonderfully done, but as I mentioned in their first dance something was missing (I think the choreography was a bit lackluster this time).   

Needless to say I was a bit disappointed.

Sorry Derek that's what you get when you're damn near perfect 3 years in a row.  Their overall total was 54/60.    

Rob &Cheryl danced the Waltz.  Which Bruno thought was full of expression, and he loved the continuity of lines.  Carrie Ann thought he looked like the male Cinderella.

Len thought he lost posture a few times but the simplicity of it was beautiful.  27/30 (popular score tonight).  I thought it was pretty decent myself, he's certainly proven he's 10 times the dancer his sister never was.

Their free style was up next.  Bruno loved the brilliant content and execution.  Carrie Ann was simply blown away.

Again I thought it was alright but nothing spectacular.  They performed the exact same lifts as Ricki and Derek, so I didn't see anything outstanding content wise.

Not really sure they deserved a perfect score but whatever. 30/30 it was making their grand total 57/60 putting them in first place.  WTF.  Again I say whatever.

J.R. & Karina did a Cha Cha that received mixed reviews from the judges.  Carrie Ann thought he was off musically and warned him to watch his arms.

Len and Bruno on the other hand both agreed his enthusiasm got the better of him making him attack it a little too hard making the whole thing fall apart in the process.

I agree that it wasn't perfect but I don't think it was as bad as they deemed it to be I would have given them a bit higher then 24/30.

But no worries because they redeemed themselves with the free style. 

Which was pretty damn good.  Carrie Ann was so impressed with the lifts she used the word 'sick'.  I don't think I've ever heard her use that term in all the years I've been watching.

Len thought the dance revealed 2 things Karina's body and J.R.'s talent.  Bruno was equally enthralled calling it a brilliant comeback.

I must say Karina certainly took some risks with pretty crazy lifts.  It payed off I think, made it look different then the rest of the routines. I loved it.

Definitely deserving of a perfect score tying them with Ricki and Derek 54/60.

I'm split on who I want to win the Mirror Ball this season.  Although I love Ricki & Derek, I'm kind of leaning toward J.R. & Karina (not just because of his inspiring story) but because I think he really deserves it.

His personality and spirit (as Carrie Ann) said has shown in every single dance.  Plus given that both Derek and Cheryl have won the thing already it would be nice for a first timer to get it.

And it's about time for Karina.  As long as Rob doesn't win I won't complain about the end result.

No comments: