Friday, May 26, 2006

Alias Series Finale

I thought it was pretty good, a bit predictable at the end but at least it ended on a fairly happy note.

Only thing I could have done without was Sloane coming back from the dead after being shot in the head . And if he could do that because of Rambaldi then why couldn't Irina do the same thing?.

Oh, and the Rambaldi thing? so unnecessary. Sorry I've never been a fan of this particular story line too sci-fi for a spy show. Or maybe I just expect Alias to be too much like Nikita lol. And I really hate that Jack died.

If I had to choose I think I would rather Vaughn stayed dead. Although I guess it would not have been as cheerful an ending. But to be honest I stopped caring about the whole Sydney/Vaughn thing after the second season.

I mean I understand why it was done, basically every character faced their nemesis and for Jack that has always been Sloane. So it was sort of fitting that he's the one who trapped Sloane in a Mongolian cave for all eternity. I just wish Jack didn't have to die in the process. That's always the case all of my favorite characters seem to die lol.

And I didn't care much for the character of Tom since I knew he was a traitor from the beginning, he did have some of the best lines though.

Out of the new characters in this last season I have to say I loved Rachel, I thought the actress did a wonderful job. Really made you feel for the character. And I love that Rachel's character grew and developed as the season went on, and that in the end she sort of became the next Sydney Bristow by deciding to continue being a spy.

And I gotta say I think one of the best guest stars Alias has ever had besides Irina Derevko (Lena Olin) and Anna Espenosa(Gina Torres) would have to be Payton(Amy Acker). She's such a wonderful baddie, and the actress really seemed enjoy what she was doing. It showed in her acting. I don't know what it is about Amy Acker but she's really good at playing evil characters.

I liked the fact that they kept it as Sydney continuing on, and still doing missions because really a spy can never get out once they're in. They'll always be needed and they do that for the rest of their lives so at least that was accurate.

Oh, and I could have done without ghost Nadia too, really the first 2 years of Alias were the best. But all in all the finale wasn't bad, could have been worse. Overall it was very well done. I think the parts I enjoyed the most were all the flashbacks. It was great to see Francie again. I'm really gonna miss this show:(.

For anyone who has never heard of Alias and would like to learn more about this great show here are some great Wikipedia links to get you started;).

SD-6/Alliance
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alliance_of_Twelve
APO
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorized_Personnel_Only
The Covenant
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Covenant_(Alias)
Rachel Gibson/Rachel Nichols the actress
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rachel_Gibson
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rachel_Nichols_(actress)
General Alias Info
http://www.alias-tv.com/characters4.html

No comments: