Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The Smurfs coming to a theatre near you!

Yep, first The Simpson's, now The Smurfs. As an 80's fanatic I was ecstatic about this news. 'Cause if there was ever one cartoon I never got sick of as a child that would be The Smurfs.

Lots of happy childhood memories associated with this one. I don't plan on going to see The Simpson's, but I'll definitely check out The Smurfs. Although there's no word yet on when exactly it'll be out.

The cool thing about this is The Smurfs themselves will be computer generated in 3-D, very much in the style of Shrek I'm sure. I was also very happy to find out it will be a trilogy.

Where we'll find out more about the characters themselves. I particularly like the part about Gargamel's backstory. That definitely has my attention. I'll be waiting in anticipation for this one!.

Here is an article with more details on the subject:
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=3&id=39013


No comments: