Saturday, November 18, 2006

Martina Hingis admits to an iron deficiency

Here is a bit of interesting news earlier this month Martina Hingis discovered that she had an iron deficiency. When I first read about it I didn't think it was true.

After some digging however I was able to confirm it. According to this blog Martina is now on a supplement program that she hopes will help her improve things for next year.

I have to say it certainly makes a lot of sense. It would explain her fatigue and her constant mental lapses during the second half of this year.

Discovering this problem and working on fixing it will no doubt be absolutely beneficial for her game. I'm certain that as a result 2007 will be even more exciting then her come back year and I'm really looking forward to it.

Her next tournament is the Australian Golf Coast on Dec. 31st. If her results from this year are any indication she's going to do extremely well and totally annihilate her opponents;).

No comments: