Thursday, May 25, 2006

Taylor Hicks crowned as the next American Idol

American Idol winner Taylor Hicks
http://www.azcentral.com/ent/celeb/articles/0516idolpick-CP.html


Well, the grey haired guy won the whole shebang. Now I will say right off that I think he is a great singer but his dancing leaves something to be desired.

I really wasn't surprised that he won I could tell by the applause he received the night before when he and Kathrine performed. I'm actually disappointed because Kathrine was my pick.

I think she could have won it if she had a better debut single. I actually think Taylor had a slightly better one. But only slightly, to be honest I thought both the singles written for the Idols this year were absolutely horrible.

Whoever wrote it should be fired. I think poor Kathrine's votes suffered because of it. Even though Simon did remind everyone to remember Kathrine's 2nd performance when voting. But I bet half those people didn't listen.

After all who listens to Simon?. I'm happy for Taylor he does have a great voice, but he seems to only have one style maybe that will change as time goes on. And I guess I just have to resign myself to hearing the word "soul patrol" for the next year or so lol.

Anyway on to some good highlights from tonight, man they really did go all out with the musical guests this year didn't they?. I mean we had Burt Bacharach, Dionne Warwick, Mary J. Blige, Meatloaf and even Prince. Quite impressive.

The Burt Bacharach tribute sang by the top 12 was very beautiful. And of course the night also included an array of Hollywood stars. From David Boreanaz to Heather Locklear. The most amazing thing was apparently more people voted for American Idol this year then any president in U.S. history.

How scary is that?. Or should I say sad lol. All in all it was an entertaining night, and I'm already looking forward to next year.

No comments: