Thursday, May 18, 2006

BJ and Tylor $1 million dollar winners!!



I am so freakin' happy right now last night The Amazing Race contestants BJ and Tyler aka 'The Hippies' won the million dollars!:). For anyone who doesn't know The Amazing Race is one of 2 favourite reality t.v. shows of mine (American Idol being the other).

Anyway I just love this one in particular because you get to see all these famous land marks in all these different countries like Japan or Australia. As a Tourism and Travel graduate I just love this show.

And on top of seeing all these great countries we also get some great people (teams of 2) who have to trek through all of them to get to the finish line.

And my favorite team this year has been The Hippies (BJ and Tylor) I just love their positive outlook on life and just their positive attitude throughout the whole journey. They really seemed to enjoy every place they went to and soaked in each culture. It was great to watch.

And I love the fact that they knew how to say thank you as well as many other phrases in every language of the 9 countries they visited. They took the time to learn about each county's culture while on the plane or in hotels.

The Hippies beat out one of my least favorite teams Eric and Jeremy aka 'The Frat Boys' (ironic since they dropped out of college lol). Where as BJ and Tylor are Stanford and Harvard graduates.

Now The Frat Boys were tough competitors and always seemed to come in first place but a lot of the time it was due to some scheming or pure dumb luck (although before entering the race they did have some travelling under their belt as well). But towards the end of the race I just got so sick of these guys and their constant womanizing.

Which made me root for The Hippies even more. I'm putting The Amazing Race 9 under my favorites along with AR 5 and 6. And I can't wait to see what Amazing Race 10 will be like. I just hope they never ever do the Family Edition again lol. Thus the end of my rant:D.

For those who have never seen the show and don't know anything about it check out the corresponding Amazing Race link.

No comments: