Sunday, September 06, 2009

Kim Clijsters is in the quarters @ U.S. Open!

Photo: GETTY IMAGES

Well, what do you know?. For once my prediction came true!.

I said Venus Williams wasn't playing her best and I was right.

And no I don't think it had anything to do with her knee, it certainly didn't seem to bother her in those long rallies.

I think it's the unforced errors that did her in. But full credit to Kim for not crumbling under the pressure after such a long time of being away from the game.

Though this had to be the weirdest match of the tournament thus far with both players winning love sets to take it to a third.

But I gotta say the third set had plenty of competition, and extreme hard hitting from both ends.

Kim Clijsters amazing defence skills helped her win the match in the last game on her serve.

If anyone can withstand the hard hitting of the Williams sisters, or even go toe to toe with them it would be Clijsters.

That's why I still think she has a real chance at taking the title (providing her serve holds up more consistently than in this match).

Her next match will no doubt be her first real challenge.

Li Na is known for being a tough fighter.

The WTA desperately needs a good story to get people intrested in women's tennis again.

Good luck Kim all of N.Y. is pulling for you! :).

No comments: