Tuesday, September 22, 2009

DWTS 9: Week 1 Women's Night Salsa & Viennese Waltz

Well, tonight it was the women's turn to shine. And some shone more brightly then others.

Debi Mazar (actress) & Maksim Chmerkovskiy to the untrained eye she seemed to do quite well with her Salsa, but the judges really weren't impressed.

At the moment I can't seem to find a likeable quality to this celeb. She's kinda blah, and the motor-mouth bit seems to really be getting on Maks's nerves.

I bet he's wishing he could have someone like Mel B. back again.
I don't know whether the audience has warmed up to her enough either, I think she might be in danger of going home tomorrow.

Melissa Joan Heart (aka Sabrina the Teenage Witch) & Mark Ballas were next on the dance floor with the Viennese Waltz.

Which I've never been a fan of to be honest I don't find it exciting enough, but when done right it can be elegant.

Unfortunetly very few people get it right (as was the case with this group with the exception of one, but more on that later).

As for Melissa's chances I think she's very lucky to get Mark because he and Derek always have the best choreography routines, so with him to lead her and more time and training she could do well.

And unlike the first contestant she actually is quite likable.

Mya (music artist) & Dmitry Chaplin
I have to say much better job on the Viennese Waltz then Melissa. It even got Len and Bruno into the first tiff of the season.

She's definitely got a lot of potential, we'll see how she does down the road (assuming she goes through tomorrow).

Kathy Ireland (supermodel) & Tony Dovolani I thought she did alright nothing exciting, but not tragic either. Showed some promise.

Usually how it goes with people who have no dance experience is they either improve and get really good as the show goes on, or they're a total disaster.

And it's too early for me to determine exactly where Kathy fits in yet. We shall wait and see.

Natalie Coughlin (Olympic swimmer) & Alec Mazo The Salsa really didn't make an impression on me, but she didn't do too horribly either. Athletes have always done well on the show, so she could break out of the competition later on.

Macy Gray (music artist) & Johnathan Roberts eccentric is a good word to describe her, what a character!. I'm not sure how well she resonated with the audience, but they might want to keep her on for entertainment value alone.

Joanna Krupa (model) & Derek Hough Boy, Derek seems to have the magic touch when it comes to models doesn't he?. I always look forward to seeing what Derek has in store and he certainly didn't disappoint.

As Len said that was one hot Salsa! (about time too I kept waiting for one all night, but they all kept coming up short).

I have to say I was very impressed with Joanna, this might be very presumptuous of me but if she continues like this through out she could make it all the way to the end.

Kelly Osbourne & Louis Van Amstel This was the pairing I was most excited about and with good reason.

She really shed her tom-boy persona with a wonderfully graceful Viennese Waltz. By far the best one of the night. I'm rooting for her all the way besides Joanna, Kelly has the most potential to make it really far.

The Relay dances were fun. Cha Cha (Kelly, Mya, Melissa & Macy) vs. Foxtrot (Debi, Kathy, Joanna & Natalie) . I thought team Cha-Cha was much more entertaining.

As for who might be eliminated tomorrow, it's a tough call it could be Michael Irvin or Ashley Hamilton (though I really hope I'm wrong).

I would rather if Tom Delay was the first to go. As for the ladies it's between Kathy Ireland, Macy Gray and Debi Mazar.

Yes I know I didn't re-cap any of the judges scores I find them irrelevant at this point in the competition (I'll start doing them further down the line maybe in the 2nd or 3rd week).

But if you really want to you can check them out here.

No comments: