Sunday, September 16, 2007

The other golden statue


So, I checked out, well, ok skimmed lol The Emmy's tonight. One of the few award shows I even remotely bother to watch every year.

It was pretty good, some humor worked, some seemed really forced as it does every year lol. It's good to see more and more award shows moving with the times though and embracing the net.

Oh, and one other thing before I mention the awards themselves. Why exactly were the Emmy's on FOX this year?, what the heck happened to NBC and CBS and all the other networks? did they all just go "no thanks I'll pass"? LOL.

All in all it was a fairly enjoyable night. Not sure if I liked Ryan Seacrest as host, but since all I really cared about was the nominees I guess it doesn't matter.

And can I just say I am SO glad The Sopranos has finally come to an end, now maybe some other well deserving shows will actually win an Emmy.

Anyway, let's get to the good stuff, congratulations to Kathrine Heigl (yay!), America Ferrera, The Amazing Race, 30 Rock (yay Tina Fey!) and a whole bunch of others I am totally forgetting lol.

I was really disappointed Ronald D. More got snubbed again for BSG, but hopefully he'll get one next year. Give credit where credit is due (Emmy voters).

I'm going to end with my favourite quote of the night from the great Sally Field "If mother's ruled the world there would be no freaking war". Well said Ms. Field, well said :).

No comments: