Thursday, September 27, 2007

The new "Bionic Woman" a hit or a miss?

Well, after watching the much-hyped NBC series premiere of Bionic Woman last night, all I have to say is four little words: more Katee Sackhoff please! :D.

Damn, that woman can play a villain like nobody's business and I thought she was good as "Starbuck" on BSG. Thank you David Eick. And here's hoping we see more of the first Bionic Woman. Why is it that fights in the rain always look so good on t.v. ? :D.

Now that I got that out of the way let's talk about the show itself. Really enjoyable:). Ok, so maybe I enjoyed it more then others seeing as I never saw the original therefore it's all new to me.

People who saw the original show were probably bored with all the exposition, but for those who never saw it, it was kinda necessary so I will not be downgrading it for that.

I definitely like the British actress, Michelle Ryan who plays the main character, granted I think she still has some growing to do in terms of the acting, but I'm sure that will come with time and as the actors and creators/writers flesh out the characters. In fact I'm looking forward to the progression of both (assuming it does well of course).

The only real weak point for me personally was the romantic story-line between main character
Jaime Sommers and her boyfriend.

The whole thing felt really rushed and as a result you couldn't identify with the pain and devastation she was suppose to be feeling after the boyfriend died. It felt more like because you knew he was gonna die, you were just waiting for that moment and not really caring. It could have also been the lack of chemistry (particularly sexual) between the two.

Other then that though I was definitely intrigued, the end left me wanting more and I'm definitely tuning in next week!.




No comments: